Have Missing Teeth?
It’s unfortunate that so many people do not enjoy the robust smile they deserve. Upwards of 178 million Americans are missing at least one tooth, and 40 million have lost all of their teeth, according to epidemiological studies.
As an oral surgeon Melbourne, FL residents trust, the professionals at Sedaros offer permanent solutions to everyday people who are struggling with missing teeth. We employ the latest technology and pain-free procedures that provide teeth implants Melbourne community members can smile about. If you are among the millions with missing teeth, we hope the following information helps you make an informed decision about dental implants going forward.
Top Reasons People Are Missing Teeth
Given that approximately half of Americans have at least one missing tooth, it’s essential to understand the leading causes. Aside from hard impacts, the most prevalent reasons for losing teeth are related to tooth decay and gum disease. Upwards of 20 percent of adults between 33 and 44 years old suffer some form of gum disease. Additionally, approximately 30 percent of seniors will lose all of their natural teeth at some point.
Factors That Cause Decay and Disease
- Prescription medications and menopause may cause dry mouth that heightens the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Smoking cigarettes increases the chances of gum disease.
- About 13 percent of Americans do not floss daily, increasing the risk of tooth decay.
It’s also important to understand that losing a single tooth can result in migration. The teeth surrounding the open space tend to drift. This typically creates additional dental problems and impacts things such as chewing food and speech. Missing teeth may also cause health issues that include migraine headaches and oral infections. People who lose a front tooth are more prone to suffer psychological impacts. These often include smiling less frequently, loss of confidence, depression, and enhanced self-consciousness, among others.
Dental Implants Deliver Permanent Solutions
It’s essential for people with missing teeth to know that impermanent dentures are considered outdated. The idea that you might have to take your teeth out at night, or they could slip while chewing, or carrying on a conversation is a thing of the past. Dental implants now optimally replace the space of missing teeth.
When properly inserted by a dental surgeon Melbourne residents trust, dental implants enjoy an approximate 98 percent success rate and deliver long-lasting benefits.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Prevent Bone Loss: When people have missing teeth, jawbone mass tends to decrease. The underlying bones require the stimulation chewing provides. Dental implants replace the lost contact.
- Match Your Natural Teeth: The advanced technology used to design and create permanent implants allows them to match neighboring natural teeth seamlessly. Your new smile will look as if you never lost a tooth in your life.
- Restores Ability To Chew: Missing teeth reduce the ability to chew effectively. Dentures tend to provide minimal support and may slip when attempting to chew firm foods. Because dental implants are fixed directly into the jaw, they restore your ability to enjoy a regular diet.
- Confidence Booster: Few would disagree that a complete set of teeth only increases your willingness to smile. Replacing spaces or unhealthy teeth restores your robust smile and confidence with it.
It may come as a surprise, but the dental surgeon Melbourne community members are accustomed to offers precision tooth restoration through pain-free procedures. A thorough examination of your dental health will be conducted, followed by measurements and digital imaging. Once a precise picture of your condition and the best next steps are determined, you can expect a thorough consultation that outlines the dental implant procedure that’s right for you.
If You Have Missing Teeth, Contact The Dental Surgeon Melbourne Residents Trust
At Sedaros Oral and Facial Surgery, our team of experienced professionals passionately believe that our community members all deserve a vibrant smile. Missing teeth only detract from feeling attractive and confident. And there’s certainly no reason that you should remain at increased risk of diminished health. If you have missing teeth or ones that suffer tooth decay, contact our Melbourne office. Talk to our experts and schedule a dental implant consultation today.