Have you recently undergone dental implant surgery or have plans to do so in the near future? As your resource for dental implants Melbourne FL, we know that you’ll be anxious to return to your usual activities as soon as possible following your procedure, but there are several post-surgery guidelines that are important for you to follow:
- Activity should be limited for a few days as your nourishment may be limited, and bleeding may occur.
- Consume only soft foods and liquids on the day of the procedure and avoid hot items. Drink excess fluids.
- Use your prescribed Peridex Oral Rinse as directed: typically once the night of the surgery, and then twice daily in the following days.
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water four to five times a day, starting the day after your procedure.
- For moderate pain take over the counter medication as directed. For more severe pain take the prescribed medication as directed.
- Swelling and bleeding are to be expected in the first few days following surgery. Use ice often within the first two days to reduce swelling and use a gauze pad to control bleeding.
While Dr. Sedaros and our staff will go over all your post-operative instructions with you, we know that it’s nice to have a few reminders. If you have any questions concerning your dental implants Melbourne FL, please contact the staff at Sedaros Oral Surgery right away. We look forward to improving your smile.