Get Back to Your Routine Faster with Platelet Rich Plasma
As your oral surgeon in Melbourne, FL we take pride in providing our patients with solutions to their dental ailments and getting them back to their normal routine as soon as possible. With platelet rich plasma technology right here in our state-of-the-art office setting, we’re able to do that like never before.
Platelet rich plasma, previously only available in hospital settings allows Dr. Sedaros to provide better healing capabilities to his patients following a procedure. The benefits of this technology can’t be overstated. Some of the benefits include:
- Safety: Because this is a by-product of the patient’s own blood, there is no risk for disease transmission.
- Convenience: The platelet rich plasma can be generated right here in the office while the patient undergoes their surgical procedure.
- Fast healing: When the procedure wound is saturated with platelet rich plasma, tissue synthesis is increased and tissue generation is improved.
- Cost effectiveness: Platelet rich plasma harvesting only requires 55 cc of blood, therefore the patient does not incur the expense of the traditional harvesting procedure within the hospital or at the blood bank.
- Ease of use: Platelet rich plasma is easy to handle and makes the application of bone substitute materials easier.
If you’re interested in learning more about the benefits of platelet rich plasma, contact your oral surgeon in Melbourne, FL. We look forward to helping you resume your normal activities as soon as possible!